I’ve been lucky enough to work on some amazing magazines and other projects. Here are a few highlights…
- Feature writing and editing: I have headed up the features department on four major UK publications – Good Housekeeping, Cosmopolitan, Easy Living and that’s life! magazine, as well as working as a freelance writer and editor with many others.
- Books: I spent three years as Books Editor at Cosmopolitan and have just completed a nine-month stint as Acting Books Editor at Good Housekeeping. I also regularly review interiors books for Reclaim magazine.
- Fiction: My short story, An Intervention, appears in We Need To Talk, a collection of stories in aid of The Eve Appeal. I am working on my second YA novel.
- Online work: I played a key role in designing goodhousekeeping.co.uk and acted as launch Web Editor – the site went on to win a coveted Online Award within a year of its launch. I also set up the magazine’s social networking strategy from scratch.
- Investigations: As a freelancer I carried out many hard hitting investigations into tricky subjects – from eating disorders on university campuses to the impact of debt or childhood trauma on relationships.
- Real life: I cut my teeth on tricky complicated real life stories, and pride myself on being a sympathetic interviewer, able to focus on the heart of the story and write something that will make the readers laugh, cry or feel inspired.
- Creating partnerships: I specialise in managing long term partnerships between editorial, commercial partners and readers. For example the Friendship Awards, a partnership between Good Housekeeping and Boots, and the Get Your Novel Published competition, between GH, Orion Publishing and literary agency LBA.
- Travel Writing: I was a co-editor of holidaygoddess.com for several years and contributor to the Holiday Goddess Handbag Guide to Paris, London and New York – which has so far been published in Australia, the US and the UK.
- Publicity work. I help the breast cancer charity Walk the Walk gain publicity for their events, including the MoonWalks in London Edinburgh and Iceland, plus other exciting events like the Arctic Marathon. Please contact me if you’d like to know more.
Publications and organisations I have worked with include:
Good Housekeeping, Easy Living, Cosmpolitan, Grazia, Marie Claire, Walk the Walk, that’s life! Real People, goodhousekeeping.co.uk, holidaygoddess.com, Smart Living, Boots Health & Beauty, Venus Awards, Reclaim magazine, Vegan Living, The Pool